Call or text David Prouty at 612-860-1537 to contact a Realtor® right now with no cost or obligation!
In a client's own words
..."Dave was great! He explained the whole process to us thoroughly and was great at answering our questions. Dave would always answer his phone/email and respond to us almost immediately. Dave also never said that he was busy or unavailable to meet with us and always made time for us. I have already and will continue to recommend Dave to my friends and family."
Sold and built new construction with Dave.
Give us the opportunity to beat any listing fee! I welcome the opportunity! Contact me today.... firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 612-860-1537. There is no cost, pressure, or obligation to talk to me and ask me questions.
We are a full service real estate company that saves you money when you buy, build and/or sell in the Twin Cities area.
Here's how we are different than our competition (besides 18 years of experience)!
Buying or Building-
When you Buy or Build a home with us we give you part of the commission we receive back as a rebate. We work with your lender to make sure the credit is on your settlement statement (HUD-1). If your lender won't allow the rebate, we have local lenders we can refer you to that will.
Your rebate is based on how many homes we show you and is based on the commission received. The seller or builder pays our commission on all MLS listed properties and even on some that aren't listed on MLS, so it costs you nothing to work with us, yet we work with you in negotiating a fair price for the home of your choice and give you the rebate to boot!
This chart shows how much rebate you are able to get based on the number of homes we show you (cumulative), if the number of homes we set up and view falls into the range on the left, your rebate would be the noted percentage on the right. The rebate comes from the commission that the seller or builder pays us on the home you want to buy. We represent your best interests in the transaction, it costs you nothing to work with us, and you get the rebate! A true win, win, win!
If the number of Properties shown is between*:
(for Sales Prices of $150,001+)
Rebate would be:
1 and 3
4 and 8
9 and 14
15 and 21
22 or more
For Sales Prices of $150,000 or less, no matter how many showings
*Making an offer on a property that your agent does not show you, whether accepted or not, is considered a "showing" For example, if you view a property and make an offer on the property, it's considered 1 "showing". If you don't view the property and make an offer on it, that's also counted as 1 "showing", whether the offer is accepted or not. So it's always best to view the property with your agent.
***There is a 5% bonus rebate added for all Veterans, with proper ID, and a 5% bonus rebate for those that also sell with Get a Rebate Real Estate which is added to the percentage noted in the chart above.*** Most people seem to fall in the 15 to 20% rebate category, but depends on what you are looking for and how detailed your search is. Driving by potential properties is a good way to cross them off your list and increase your rebate! Applies to new construction too! Property showings are cumulative and reset to zero once you close on a property as us as your agent and you receive the rebate noted above, if approved and allowed.
You don't need to do anything different, we will keep track of what your rebate will be and handle all of the details with your lender and the title company. Bottom line, is you save money when you work with us. For example, let's say you are going to build a new home and we go and talk with 2 different builders and you decide to go with one of them. Your rebate would be 30% of the commission received. On a $400,000 home for example, that might be $10,800 so your rebate would be $3,240.00! Not bad for not doing anything different but working with us. Another example, if you end up looking at 10 homes and you buy a $250,000 home, your rebate would likely be around $1,350.00! Commissions vary and so will the rebate based on the commmission received. If you are also selling, we can discuss applying the rebate to the listing fee, whatever works best for you, but, either way, you save money working with us, that's just one of the ways we are different than our competition!
Contact me first before going to open houses or meeting with builders, etc. There are certain steps to follow so the rebate isn't affected. There's no cost or obligation to talk to me... call, text or email any time... David Prouty 612.860.1537 email@example.com
We are full service and charge less than most brokerages, we offer 5.5% for full service (split as 2.7% to the agent that brings in the buyer, and 2.8% to Get a Rebate Real Estate. And we only get paid if your home sells, at a price you are happy and agree with! We can typically beat any full service brokerage on the listing fee. Please contact me and let me know what I need to beat! David Prouty, 612.860.1537 firstname.lastname@example.org
The only up front costs that you could possibly have when listing with us is if you elect to hire one of our stagers to help prepare your home for sale. We take care of all other charges including a professional photographer for pictures, measuring your home, yard sign, electronic lock box, book a showing service to easily schedule showings when requested, all forms and disclosures, syndicating your listing across the Internet, open houses as desired, etc.
We have a couple of unique services that you won't typically find with other brokerages. We discuss these with you when we meet.
If you Sell and then Buy or Build with us as your agent, you get a 5% bonus rebate added to the chart above when buying or building!
And that's it. Our process is simple, we do what we can to make home buying, building and/or selling fun, which it should be!
We understand that all buyers and sellers are at different phases of the process. We would like to offer to help you in any way that we can. Some ways we might be able to do that include:
- Setting you up on an automatic email search for areas you are looking to sell, buy or build in. It's very helpful to know what other homes around you sell at. We can help you keep a pulse on that activity.
- Giving you the names and contacts of local loan officers that have dealt with a rebate before and has a process to follow to get it on your settlement statement at closing, no checks to issue, no IRS income concerns, etc.
- Setting you up on a search to see what has sold around your home and for what price. Let us do a market analysis of your home to give you an idea of what the market might be willing to pay in today's market. It will be a price range and we can narrow in on the listing price as you get closer to listing your home for sale.
These are just some of the things we can do to help you, no matter what stage you are at in the process! Plus, there is no cost or obligation!
The best way to contact me is via email, text or call. My email is email@example.com and my cell phone to text or call is
Thank you for considering Get a Rebate Real Estate! We appreciate the opportunity.
- Real Estate commission is 100% negotiable.
- The seller or builder nearly always pays the agent working with the buyer their commission.
- Rebates are allowed in 40 states, including Minnesota.
- The seller and the buyer typically each have a title company they work with, and typically, closing takes place at the Buyer's title company.
- The market is the market, why pay a higher fee to someone else when the market ultimately decides when a property sells and at what price.
- Most buyers can see a max of 8 homes in one day before the home's features start blending together.
- The builder pays your agent when you bring in an agent to the builder. It's best to have that agent with you on your initial visit to the builder. Agents sell the majority of new construction, so builders are glad to work with agents and almost always have a commission built into the price.
- When an agent lists a home for sale on the MLS, they must note the agreed upon commission being paid out to the agent that brings in the buyer. Every single listing has this percentage noted for all agents to see.
- It typically doesn't cost a buyer any out of pocket cost to work with an agent.
- It typically doesn't cost a seller any out of pocket cost to list their home for sale with an agent. The commission doesn't kick in until once the property is sold. The commission is paid at closing and part of the HUD-1 settlement statement.
- If you are a buyer and go directly to the listing agent to buy a home, you create what is called Dual Agency. Dual Agency is when an agent "represents both parties" but technically becomes a neutral and represents neither party. In Dual Agency, the entire commission is paid to the listing agent then, vs. being split between the listing agent and the agent working with the Buyer.
- A "short sale" is when the sales price isn't high enough to pay off the mortgage(s) and all costs to sell... the money is "short".
- Minnesota has up to a 6 month redemption period (sometimes longer) for those going through foreclosure. After the Sheriff's Sale is complete, the owner still has ownership in the property and can redeem/catch up with the lender and prevent the home from being foreclosed upon.
- A "HUD" home is a home where the owner had an FHA mortgage on the property and the property was foreclosed upon.
- All Minnesota Real Estate Agents must be licensed under a licensed Minnesota Real Estate Broker.
- Most agents set up showing appointments for a one hour time frame to allow for driving time and seeing other properties, and probably spend a total of 15 minutes or less in each home.
- Sites like Zillow and other similar sites charge real estate agents a lot of money to be the "preferred" agent... keep in mind that this agent is whoever was willing to pay the highest fee to the website and not necessarily the best agent for you. You still need to do your due diligence!
- Selling, Buying and/or Building should be fun and exciting!
____________________________________________________________________________________Why work with me?
- Experience. I have been a real estate agent since 1997 and a real estate broker since 1999. I have mortgage experience as well and have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and Management.
- Knowledge of the market. I have sold over 65 million dollars of real estate in the Twin Cities area. Most in Dakota, Scott, and Hennepin Counties, however, my business is mainly referral so I go where it takes me.
- Honesty and Integrity. I promise that I will not hard sell you into a property you do not want to buy. Buying or building a home should be fun and when you move in, you should be happy. That's important to me!
- You work with the boss. I won't pawn you off onto some new agent, you work directly with me! I take my job very seriously and will do everything I can to make your experience a pleasant one.
- No junk fees. I have no admin fees, no up front fees, and no other added on junk fees. Saving you even more! Just these fees alone can add up to hundreds and even into the thousands of dollars!
- Easy out. I offer an easy out of any contract I have with you. Sometimes personalities clash and things just don't work out. Let's not beat around the bush about it, let's talk about it and see what we can do about fixing it!
- Award winning service. I have been honored to be chosen as a Super Real Estate Agent by Twin Cities Business and Mpls St Paul Magazines. I have been in the top 5% of all MN Realtors for the most properties sold, and, the highest value of property sold. I am one of less than 3% off all Realtors Nationwide, to hold a CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) designation. And I hold the highest level of licensing available, a real estate broker.
Did You Know? All commission is nearly always paid by the seller or the builder. It is almost always split 4 ways (see chart below), the listing brokerage who then splits it with the agent that listed the property, the selling brokerage, who then splits it with the agent that brought in the buyer to the transaction. At Get a Rebate Real Estate, the rebate comes from the commission. If you are buying or building, the commission is already factored into the price and if you go directly to the listing agent or builder, you put yourself into a Dual Agency situation and then that same broker or builder now splits the total commission by 2, not 4. Don't give up total representation and the ability to get a rebate of part of the commission, contact David Prouty today!
click the Angie's List icon to leave feedback for me on Angie's List.
To leave feedback for David Prouty on Angie's List, please click the link above (click "Angie's List"), then click continue, and complete the review. Thanks!
Prouty is one of less than 3% of all Realtors nationwide, to earn/hold the Certified Residential Specialist designation. Prouty has also been named Super Real Estate Agent by Twin Cities Business and MPLS ST PAUL Magazines and has been in the top 5% of all Minnesota Realtors for the most properties sold and the highest value of properties sold in Minnesota. He is a real estate broker which is the top licensing available in real estate and he holds a BS in Marketing and Management.
David Prouty, Realtor, Broker, CRS, GRI, ePro, Realtor, 612-860-1537 or email David@DavidProuty.com
Search every listing of every home for sale in MN though we can no longer use the phrase search MN MLS because the RMLS initiated a Rule that prohibited the use of the term MLS. So every place that used to say search the MLS now says Search Listings or Property Search, etc...David Prouty, Lakeville Real Estate, Rosemount Real Estate, Apple Valley Real Estate, Burnsville Real Estate, Savage Real Estate, Eagan Real Estate, Farmington Real Estate, Prior Lake Real Estate, Credit River Township Real Estate, Shakopee Real Estate, Minneapolis Real Estate, St. Paul Real Estate, Minnesota Real Estate, call Dave Prouty today!