Call or text David Prouty at 612-860-1537 In a client's own words..."Dave was great! He explained the whole process to us thoroughly and was great at answering our questions. Dave would always answer his phone/email and respond to us almost immediately. Dave also never said that he was busy or unavailable to meet with us and always made time for us. I have already and will continue to recommend Dave to my friends and family." Sold and built new construction with Dave.
Just Released: FHA to end post payment penalties, starting January 21st, 2015. This will allow current sellers or those looking to refinance, the ability to close any time during the month and not get stuck paying for the entire month's worth of interest, when they have an FHA loan! Saving consumers hundreds if not thousands of dollars!
We are a full service real estate company that saves you money when you buy, build and/or sell in the Twin Cities area.
Here's how we are different than our competition.
Buying or Building-
When you Buy or Build a home with us we give you part of the commission we receive back as a rebate. We work with your lender to make sure the credit is on your settlement statement (HUD-1). If your lender won't allow the rebate, we have local lenders we can refer you to that will.
Your rebate is based on how many homes we show you and is based on the commission received. See the chart below.
If the number of Properties shown is between:
(for Sales Prices of $150,001+)
|Rebate would be:
|0 and 3
|4 and 8
|9 and 14
|15 and 21
|22 or more
|For Sales Prices of $150,000 or less, no matter how many showings
***There is a 5% bonus rebate added for all Veterans, with proper ID, and a 5% bonus rebate for those that also sell with Get a Rebate Real Estate which is added to the percentage noted in the chart above.*** Most people seem to fall in the 15 to 20% rebate category, those building new construction or know exactly what home they are looking for will typically fall into the higher rebate range.
We are full service and charge less than most brokerages, we offer 5.5% for full service (split as 2.7% to the agent that brings in the buyer, and 2.8% to Get a Rebate Real Estate. And we only get paid if your home sells, at a price you are happy and agree with!
The only up front costs that you could possibly have when listing with us is if you elect to hire one of our stagers to help prepare your home for sale. We take care of all other charges including a professional photographer for pictures, measuring your home, yard sign, electronic lock box, book a showing service to easily schedule showings when requested, all forms and disclosures, syndicating your listing across the Internet, open houses as desired, etc. Plus, one thing we do that no other company anywhere does, is we offer the buyer of your home a $500 rebate incentive. The $500 rebate can either be used toward inspection items discovered during the inspection, and/or, a credit of $500 will be placed on the settlement statement (pending lender approval). Either way it's a win win for both the buyer and the seller!
If you Sell and then Buy or Build with us as your agent, you get a 5% bonus rebate added to the chart above when buying or building!
And that's it. Our process is simple, we do what we can to make home buying, building and/or selling fun, which it should be!
We understand that all buyers and sellers are at different phases of the process. We would like to offer to help you in any way that we can. Some ways we might be able to do that include:
- Setting you up on an automatic email search for areas you are looking to sell, buy or build in. It's very helpful to know what other homes around you sell at. We can help you keep a pulse on that activity.
- Giving you the names and contacts of local loan officers that have dealt with a rebate before and has a process to follow to get it on your settlement statement at closing, no checks to issue, no IRS income concerns, etc.
- Setting you up on a search to see what has sold around your home and for what price. Let us do a market analysis of your home to give you an idea of what the market might be willing to pay in today's market. It will be a price range and we can narrow in on the listing price as you get closer to listing your home for sale.
These are just some of the things we can do to help you, no matter what stage you are at in the process! Plus, there is no cost or obligation!
The best way to contact me is via email, text or call. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org and my cell phone to text or call is 612-860-1537.
Thank you for considering Get a Rebate Real Estate! We appreciate the opportunity.
- Real Estate commission is 100% negotiable.
- The seller or builder nearly always pays the agent working with the buyer their commission.
- Rebates are allowed in 40 states, including Minnesota.
- The seller and the buyer typically each have a title company they work with, and typically, closing takes place at the Buyer's title company.
- The market is the market, why pay a higher fee to someone else when the market ultimately decides when a property sells and at what price.
- Most buyers can see a max of 8 homes in one day before the home's features start blending together.
- The builder pays your agent when you bring in an agent to the builder. It's best to have that agent with you on your initial visit to the builder. Agents sell the majority of new construction, so builders are glad to work with agents and almost always have a commission built into the price.
- When an agent lists a home for sale on the MLS, they must note the agreed upon commission being paid out to the agent that brings in the buyer. Every single listing has this percentage noted for all agents to see.
- It typically doesn't cost a buyer any out of pocket cost to work with an agent.
- It typically doesn't cost a seller any out of pocket cost to list their home for sale with an agent. The commission doesn't kick in until once the property is sold. The commission is paid at closing and part of the HUD-1 settlement statement.
- If you are a buyer and go directly to the listing agent to buy a home, you create what is called Dual Agency. Dual Agency is when an agent "represents both parties" but technically becomes a neutral and represents neither party. In Dual Agency, the entire commission is paid to the listing agent then, vs. being split between the listing agent and the agent working with the Buyer.
- A "short sale" is when the sales price isn't high enough to pay off the mortgage(s) and all costs to sell... the money is "short".
- Minnesota has up to a 6 month redemption period (sometimes longer) for those going through foreclosure. After the Sheriff's Sale is complete, the owner still has ownership in the property and can redeem/catch up with the lender and prevent the home from being foreclosed upon.
- A "HUD" home is a home where the owner had an FHA mortgage on the property and the property was foreclosed upon.
- All Minnesota Real Estate Agents must be licensed under a licensed Minnesota Real Estate Broker.
- Most agents set up showing appointments for a one hour time frame to allow for driving time and seeing other properties, and probably spend a total of 15 minutes or less in each home.
- Sites like Zillow and other similar sites charge real estate agents a lot of money to be the "preferred" agent... keep in mind that this agent is whoever was willing to pay the highest fee to the website and not necessarily the best agent for you. You still need to do your due diligence!
- Selling, Buying and/or Building should be fun and exciting!
Why work with me?
- Experience. I have been a real estate agent since 1997 and a real estate broker since 1999. I have mortgage experience as well and have a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and Management.
- Knowledge of the market. I have sold over 65 million dollars of real estate in the Twin Cities area. Most in Dakota, Scott, and Hennepin Counties, however, my business is mainly referral so I go where it takes me.
- Honesty and Integrity. I promise that I will not hard sell you into a property you do not want to buy. Buying or building a home should be fun and when you move in, you should be happy. That's important to me!
- You work with the boss. I won't pawn you off onto some new agent, you work directly with me! I take my job very seriously and will do everything I can to make your experience a pleasant one.
- No junk fees. I have no admin fees, no up front fees, and no other added on junk fees. Saving you even more! Just these fees alone can add up to hundreds and even into the thousands of dollars!
- Easy out. I offer an easy out of any contract I have with you. Sometimes personalities clash and things just don't work out. Let's not beat around the bush about it, let's talk about it and see what we can do about fixing it!
- Award winning service. I have been honored to be chosen as a Super Real Estate Agent by Twin Cities Business and Mpls St Paul Magazines. I have been in the top 5% of all MN Realtors for the most properties sold, and, the highest value of property sold. I am one of less than 3% off all Realtors Nationwide, to hold a CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) designation. And I hold the highest level of licensing available, a real estate broker.
Did You Know? All commission is nearly always paid by the seller or the builder. It is almost always split 4 ways (see chart below), the listing brokerage who then splits it with the agent that listed the property, the selling brokerage, who then splits it with the agent that brought in the buyer to the transaction. At Get a Rebate Real Estate, the rebate comes from the commission. If you are buying or building, the commission is already factored into the price and if you go directly to the listing agent or builder, you put yourself into a Dual Agency situation and then that same broker or builder now splits the total commission by 2, not 4. Don't give up total representation and the ability to get a rebate of part of the commission, contact David Prouty today!
click the Angie's List icon to leave feedback for me on Angie's List.
To leave feedback for David Prouty on Angie's List, please click the link above (click "Angie's List"), then click continue, and complete the review. Thanks!
Prouty is one of less than 3% of all Realtors nationwide, to earn/hold the Certified Residential Specialist designation. Prouty has also been named Super Real Estate Agent by Twin Cities Business and MPLS ST PAUL Magazines and has been in the top 5% of all Minnesota Realtors for the most properties sold and the highest value of properties sold in Minnesota. He is a real estate broker which is the top licensing available in real estate and he holds a BS in Marketing and Management.
David Prouty, Realtor, Broker, CRS, GRI, ePro, Realtor, 612-860-1537 or email David@DavidProuty.com
Search every listing of every home for sale in MN though we can no longer use the phrase search MN MLS because the RMLS initiated a Rule that prohibited the use of the term MLS. So every place that used to say search the MLS now says Search Listings or Property Search, etc...
David Prouty, Lakeville Real Estate, Rosemount Real Estate, Apple Valley Real Estate, Burnsville Real Estate, Savage Real Estate, Eagan Real Estate, Farmington Real Estate, Prior Lake Real Estate, Credit River Township Real Estate, Shakopee Real Estate, Minneapolis Real Estate, St. Paul Real Estate, Minnesota Real Estate, call Dave Prouty today!